Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Science Fairs' STINK

I have to apologize to anyone who might think that helping your child with a Science Fair project is fun, but I think it STINKS! Ok, I have to admit, before we actually started school and homework I thought that I would encourage my children to do all extra activities to improve their knowledge and imagination. That was BEFORE I had 5 kids and BEFORE I had to battle with daily homework, minimum of 20 minutes reading every night and projects that each teacher assigns the kids regularly. Not to mention their various activities and chores and actually playing time. So, yes my children are not so well rounded!(I'll keep them anyway!) I spent our "day off" of school helping my youngest daughter do her project and the oldest one finish hers. It wasn't very scientific, She wanted to do something with bubble gum so we tested a few brands to see which one makes the largest bubbles. We are just glad it is over and maybe we can get out of it all together next year.

3 comments:

S Murdock said...

I have to laugh, because I am right there with you and can feel your pain! I just helped finish a 10 page report this weekend :-) Oh, and Dust wants to know if Lynn will come give us a bid to do an entertainment center in our basement too...maybe a little smaller than your.

Becky said...

Oh I dread the day! So, which kind of gum made the biggest bubbles?

~: Angie :~ said...

Oh Kate - the projects only get larger and more lame!!! I really like the Elementary school project better - HOWEVER I only have 2 kids so reading all the homeowork you have each night would drive me up the wall!