Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday is a special day...


I had planned on going to Springville today to visit my sister and her new baby and let all the kids see him and play with cousins. As I was discussing my plans with my mom, she reminded me that today was the last day for the Draper Temple open house. I asked the kids if they wanted to try and go through. They all answered with an enthusiastic YES! So this morning we picked up Grandma H and stopped in SLC for my niece and hoped that we would be able to get in and leave us time to visit in Springville. We got to one of the chapels and only had to wait a few minutes before watching the video and then getting on the bus. Once in the temple the kids were so good. They looked at everything with such wonder and excitement.
Some moments I want to remember:
*The kids being so entertained by the bus rides.
*Wil looking at the font and saying "Oh Yeah,that is Awesome!"
*The girls all oohing and ahhing over the Bride's and Sealing rooms
*Brayden's somberness and saying as we left "That is the most beautiful place I've ever been in. I felt so good the whole time. I want to come back!"
*Alex giving us all big hugs and telling us how he loves us and what a great day it is."
*Sitting in the Celestial room with my family! Visions of one day being there again...
*After leaving having each one of the kids asking when we can go see the next temple, and bring everyone we know with us.
We were able to make it to Springville and spent some great time with our cousins. I held the baby as much as I could, but wasn't allowed to bring him home with me! :)
As we were driving home I thought again about how grateful I am for my kids and husband, the Gospel, living in Utah, and having family close!

4 comments:

The Cassel Family said...

How awesome! What a great thing to do with your cute family.

Bobbidee said...

That is awesome, I hope I get to have a similar experience someday!

Johnson Family said...

I'm so glad things worked out how they did. I'm glad you got to the temple and that you got to come and see me. I loved it. I could have talked to you for another day or four, but it was all good.

Thanks for coming down.

Sweetpea said...

We went last minute as well, and I am so glad we did! It is a beautiful temple, and the Spirit was very strong. W kept saying how he wanted to come back, and seemed a little bummed he'd have to wait until he was twelve! It's fun when they get old enough to start understanding more about the gospel. W loved the baptismal font and all of the pictures of Jesus. It was such a great opportunity to teach our children more about the gospel.