Friday, March 27, 2009

I have had a really hard time deciding how I write about the sad events this last week. I hope that by writing them down it will maybe help me feel a little better. This last week our dear friends' daughter passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly. It has been devastating! We love this family so much and are hurting with them. I have had a hard time sleeping and getting stuff done, watching them deal with this tragedy is heartbreaking. I can't even imagine how they are couping each day. Our children have more recently become better friends and this has really been hard on them too. It has been a good opportunity to discuss our understanding of the Plan of Salvation and the knowledge that they will again be together as a family. But for the here and now it will be hard. There will be an empty space in our lives without this little girl. She was a sweetheart and has inspired many to try to live better. It's amazing what we can learn from our little ones if we just take a minute to listen. I've committed to reminding each of my children and my husband every day how important they are to me.

4 comments:

Jess said...

I am so sorry. My prayers are with you and the childs family.

The Cassel Family said...

I was so sorry to hear the sad news. We love you, please let us help in any way. (I will e mail you Jeans info.) Give all your kids loves from me:)

Johnson Family said...

I'm sorry about all of this. Let us know if we can help at all. Let them know we are thinking about them as well.

Jenni said...

I'm so sorry. A couple of years ago, Brad's partner, Dr. V., lost their five year old daughter in an accident and it was such a difficult experience. We cried with them then and still cry with them now.