Monday, December 29, 2008

Sausers are the coolest

I have to add this story here so that I won't forget and you all can have a laugh too. When we went sledding the day after Christmas it was the youngest first time. I didn't know if he would like it or see how it worked and just walk away. Well, the big kids and dad went up the big hill and I stayed with him on the little hill. We watched a few kids go down and we decided to go for it. So, I put him on the saucer and gave him a little shove. He zipped down the hill and across the flat area and right into the parking lot and had to put his hand up to stop from going under a truck. I meanwhile am at the top of the hill laughing and trying to yell stop at the same time. I finally composed myself and got to him thinking that he will be upset. I asked him if he was ok and he looked up at me with his big eyes and said "that was SO AWESOME!". He had a great time and we all decided that the saucer is the coolest way down the hill.(visions of Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation enter my mind)

2 comments:

Becky said...

I could picture your youngest as another version of that little kid in The Incredibles that rides his tricycle over to their house and sees it blow up after which he says "that was so totally wicked!"

~: Angie :~ said...

Hey Kate - I just found your blog off of Sean's! We're still going to go out sometime (in the next 10 years)
Angie