Sunday was my wonderful mother's birthday. She is such a fun person! As a child I was sometimes embarrased by some of the things she did, like talk to strangers at the grocery store. But now I appreciate all those things about her. She is so friendly and caring to everyone. She loves people and they love her. She is a reading teacher now, and she loves those kids as well as all her grandchildren. She has taught me to love to read, to love the color red (that is passed to her from her mom), to love life, and how to cook. (I am still working on the cooking thing.) For her special day we made her dinner and had cake and ice cream. We also tried our own version of the Korean tradition of kowtow. Each person bows to the honored one and says something about them. It was sweet and funny and touching. Something mom loves. I also put together a shadow box of two dresses that were hers as a baby and a picture of her around two. We then watched Enchanted to end her perfect day. We love you mom, you are the Best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















3 comments:
I love your mom! When we were in high school, I remember how cheerful and talkative she was.
I'm glad you had a wonderful celebration for her birthday!
So fun, your mom is the best. Im glad it all went well. What a cool thing, those shadow boxes!
Cant wait till saturday!
PS I love the new colors, etc. Looks great!
A while ago I didn't even know what a blog was, and now I'm a star! I loved my very special day and my birthday turned out to be the best ever. As Dantzel says "sixty is super" and you can look forward to that. :) Thank you for making it all so special. Love you
Mother
Post a Comment